Before we learn the basic building Blocks of C programming, let us look at a minimum C program structure so that we can take it as a reference in the coming chapters.
Parts Of C language
C program basically consists of the following parts:
- Preprocessor Directories/Commands
- Statements & Expressions
Examples of above in this Simple Code
Let us look this simple code:
Let us take a look at the different parts of the above program:
- In the first line of the program #include is a Preprocessor command, which tells C compiler to include stdio.h file before actual compilation.
- In the next line, int main() is the main function From where the program execution begins.
- The Third line is a comment & it is not compiled by the Compiler & it is added as additional comments in the program.
- In the fourth line, Printf(…) is an Output function available in C which is used to display message Hello, World on the screen.
- The next Line return 0; terminates the main function & returns the value 0.
Compile & Execute C Program
Now I will tell you that how to Save Source Code in a file, Compile & run it.
Following are the simple steps:
- Open a text editor & add the above Code.
- Save the File as Hello.c
- Open a Command Prompt & go to the directory where the files are saved.
- Type GCC Hello.c & Press Enter to compile the code
- If there is no error in the code than CMD will generate a.out executable file .
- Now type a.out to execute the program
- You will see Hello World as output printed on the Screen.
Subscribe our channels: